Sunday, February 17, 2019

Renée Eliana Currat



Dear Prayer Warriors,

Rejoice with me family, loved ones, brothers and sisters in Christ: yesterday we welcomed our second daughter Renée Eliana Currat to our family. We are still celebrating the love God has so graciously lavished on us through this child. We have come to know that life lived out in the light of Jesus means we hide nothing and ask for the miraculous to our Loving Heavenly Father.  I didn’t know we needed a 7-pound and 20-inch gift on loan from God, but He did!

We’re discovering how God fitted and formed, molded and fashioned us to receive His grace for growing with Renée. (Even finding the keyboard shortcut for the “é” was enough for me to wiggle out some hasty impatience.) God has been reminding me that the walk of faith in Jesus is done by looking right at Him -not comparing, coveting, and looking others.

After I found out that we were expecting a third child I think I said my shortest confessional prayer ever: “God, I’m going to have to trust you more.” (Then tears.) Like any loving father, God encouraged me with His presence and His Words after. Since then, my walk with Jesus has been marked with deeper drinks of Living Water this year, bolder choices causing me to believe God for impossible things. What a gift of grace to see how He has honored my need to trust Him more with this coming child!

Anna’s traumatic birth allowed a growth of fear to creep into our hearts regarding the labor and delivery of another child. We were strong in prayer to combat this during Simon’s birth and God brought about such victory because of his health. But still our hearts were heavy and gripped with fear because Simon’s birth was incredibly difficult to endure as well. Through it all God kept Lindsey’s heart soft and hopeful allowing her to apply her faith in a miracle once again through the birth of Renée. I wish I could say was operating under a promise of faith too, but I remember speaking to Lindsey with unworked through fear regarding her labor and delivery choices.

Valentine’s Day evening we went to the hospital, I texted a few of you saying “we have gone through the valley of birthing, may God take us to the mountaintop this time.”  We praise and worship the Lord for doing just that miracle for us. Lindsey demonstrated courage in Christ as she gave birth to Renée; It makes me think of the passage in Scripture when Elizabeth said to expectant Mary: “ Blessed is she who has believed that the Lord would fulfill his promises to her!”

Renée
 Born Again
 “Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,”
1 Peter 1:3
Eliana
 My God has answered me
“I sought the LORD, and he answered me and delivered me from all my fears.” Psalm 34:4

To God All Praise and Glory!
Nic, Lindsey, Anna, Simon, and Renée

No comments: