Sunday, May 19, 2019

Walking in Faith Through the Open Door

Dear Prayer Warrior,

“For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.” - Jeremiah 29:11There are fewer, sweeter words you can tell a fatherless boy. No more appropriate verse to give a family about to start life in a new city. I count on this verse today like I did the day I first believed.

But God in His desire to grow me in holiness has sweetened the plot with another verse for such a time as this. “Then King David went in and sat before the LORD and said, "Who am I, O LORD God, and what is my house, that you have brought me thus far?” - 1 Chronicles 17:16 this is my perpetual response to Jeremiah 29:11. I’m only 12 years into trusting Jesus and already I can echo David because it is so apparent what the Lord has done for me. If you have shared in Anna’s life through prayer you know how just how God has shown up. Praise God for His incredible inner workings in and through everything. 

You know what makes this verse special to me is that this is the response David gives after God denies what his heart wanted most to do in life, to build a temple for God. What a humble, bondservant type of response. Truly grateful, yet obedient to the continuation of God’s plan for David. So when God tells me “no”, I tell Him thank you for all He’s ever done for me!!

Since Anna’s discharge God has brought me through some of the hardest days of being a father. My household was ill for that whole week after, everyone except for me. Anna needed much nurse care and we were particularly light on staffing that week. Since she was just in surgery, I took her to see the doctor. her health is so delicately held together and preserved thanks to God.  So much vomiting and secretion management and yet she has never stopped breathing or had a bout pneumonia, thank you Father. 

What made it particularly difficult was Lindsey’s illness. Of course, she helped in her sickness, however there was a few evenings I was rotating from child to child to child. I remember asking myself how did my mother do this with four boys’ night after night. God gave me the mental grace to endure and administer the help needed for my family. His is so good, there is no trial that Jesus cannot handle for me and through me. Now everyone is doing much better.   

We closed on our house in Colorado Springs this last week. What a peace, and time of change for us. Our dear brother and sister in Christ have come from Chicago to help us in Jesus name. What an extension of Jesus’ love for us. The help, knowledge, and availability is so wonderful as we are fixing up this little new home.    I also received word that my transfer to a store in Colorado Springs was accepted and I will start there in the beginning of June. To God all praise and glory. 

Please pray for:

  • Anna’s stoma (the new J tube hole on her abdomen) to be free of granuloma (a fleshy growth that needs cream to heal)
  •   Clear communication and patience to set up care for Anna with county Medicaid offices, home medical equipment companies, and nurse care companies.
  • wisdom to install ramps and widen a doorway so Anna can enjoy all of our house with ease, and eventually a lift along our railing down to the basement. 
  • God’s grace in choosing the right, compassionate therapists, doctors, and night nurses. 
  • The Spirit’s clear direction in what church we should weave into
  • Opportunities to serve our neighbors with the love of Jesus as we get to know them. 
  • The quickening and strengthening of our faith life to apply life changes (my leadership at work, spending, exercise, free time) as the Spirit leads us and weighs things on our heart. 
  • Safe travel on the move day of June 1st. Plus protection on the many trips there and back beforehand. It’s not the easiest of highway driving.
  • For Simon, Renee and Anna to be able to express their feelings about the move and find ways to encourage them in this new place.

With the joy of the Spirit, 

The Currats

No comments: