Friday, March 14, 2008

Where I Am Weak, God Is Strong.

Praise God!! I feel a further distancing of the person I could have been. We fired a security guy who worked under me for theft. What's worse is he would do it for my other co-worker who would provide him with weed in exchange. I don't wish him misery just brokenness. The last retreat I went on the speaker said, "Jesus likes to hang out at the end of our ropes." Maybe this is his although I didn't detect a sense of shame at all just signs of addictions.

A few months ago I spoke to him about my King that I serve and he was whisked away in agreement. I even got him to my young adult group to pray and feel as one in the Spirit. Today I hope his will is seen as poison -a venom that is injected with greed, evil, shame and wretchedness. It seemed more like he was looking to be caught, as he was addicted. He was laughing with the police as he left in cuffs. I have empathy with his station in life and many spoken prayers for him, But I'm betrayed ethically and just plain let down as a boss. I would have been capable of such acts had God not saved me.

Next order of business: my newness in Christ. Amazingly He did make me new, so I went ahead and started down a new career path that I've been praying for. I am sending out applications to attend Seminary or something equivalent to attain sound theology so in turn I can give sound theology in a Nico kind of vessel kinda way. I'm a long way from attending and a long way from completing the applications. One of the requirements for all of the places I've looked at so far is a carefully prepared, lengthy testimony. I'm in the middle of a very creative testimony for my young adult group and now I feel priority to get started on the seminary one. I'll finish the young adult one first though.

So those of you that pray to Jesus, please be so other-centered to include my searching in your prayers. I always pray for roadblocks to appear and fast if this path isn't mine to be taken. So far I've only found encouragement and a path that seems to open up more and more. That being said I'm being interviewed for a job that would give me a schedule that would enable school easily. It’s scheduled for ten on Friday. I'll keep you in the loop.

On a final note: I love the blog comments by those that write them or tell me face to face. It is encouraging, as my lamp just wants to share its shine. Gold is spotting those little moments where I'm conscious that I'm choosing the action, words and behavior of the Holy Spirit over my own. That happened to me today as I drove home after a day of heavily relying on prayer and the certainty of God's protection. Once the trials were over and I'm scooting home... my guard was weakened because I no longer had a mind running wild with "help, save, protect me Lord." I spot the neon liquor sign and consider beer given the exhausting day and challenging bologna I had to deal with. And from a deep feeling of gratitude I said: "No I'm gonna go home to thank and glorify the Lord." It has been a good night and day.

No comments: