Monday, August 26, 2013

A Sunday Psalm

I want to go deeper with God and seek Him on the Sabbath instead of doing just what i want. So I started by writing a "Sunday Psalm". This is pulling from my trials of being too busy, taking my eyes off of God and mixing that with Isaiah 31. I hope it blesses God, I wrote it for Him. 
 
God is all help, all the time. 
 
Seek the Lord's help, why think of anything else to do?   
Are you banking on Egypt plus chariots times horsemen?
 
If you pay Him no mind -God, your Father... why would you pay Him no mind!?! 
You, the helped and your helper Egypt die together.
 
Remember who jump-starts your vitals. 
Is it not God who fills and clears your plate?
 
Why go to a counselor, a teacher, a mentor, a doctor? 
Skip seeing your family, your work and your friends if you haven't been in Christ first. 
Consult God in prayer and His Word: He's first.
 
Oh glorious Jesus your salvation has made me in right standing with the Father. 
I know the forgiveness now teach me the relational.
Teach me the righteousness that puts our relationship first at all times.   
 
I seek your help God this semester. Help me count and live out the cost.

No comments: