Thursday, May 25, 2017

Upcoming Days





Dear Prayer Friends,

For my ten year faith birthday I embarked to give back to God a written testimony. Its taken 6 months or so and I still am not done. Remembering is so good! Here's a sample:

My heart hosts the living God, Jesus Christ. I can think of no greater grace than my condemnation paid for in Christ and a new life beginning orchestrated by His Spirit. Following Jesus, counting up the cost and abiding in Him has rendered me unrecognizable and trustworthy of a bride and two babes. What a new life marked with abundant grace. I have learned that I have been bought and so this new life I live is not my own it belongs to my Owner. I don’t call the shots, I cannot demand things go my way or yell when I am not at the center. Walking with my eye on Jesus means that come what may I know my redeemer lives and is worthy of my life and worship.

All that Gospel goodness makes me count on Christ more than doctors. We have experts and tests but if I had to choose I would rather have a Shepherd who is Sovereign over all things guiding me through all of our storms than a meteorologist giving me the details of what to brace for. 

As for Anna, she is doing better, her wonderful coos and gasping squeals are back. Tomorrow morning at 10 AM Anna is going under general anesthesia for close to the maximum time for a kid her age (3 hours). She will have two procedures one is a deep MRI and the second is a hearing test. The MRI is the one ordered 6 weeks ago by neurology when they observed an abnormality on a previous brain image. Because Anna is nonverbal the only way to get an accurate hearing test is to monitor brain reactions to sounds. We know she hears well, but could it be better? Same with the brain issue, could something be found that is treatable and make her cognition soar? 

Please Pray: 
-Lets ask the Lord to surprise us with the findings of the MRI. Also pray for Anna to do well in recovering from the anesthesia with no side effects.  

-For Lindsey’s solitude retreat this weekend. That Satan would not distract her from the purpose of meeting with God. For rest and for worship songs to fill her throughout the weekend. For a safe travel to the mountains and back. And for Nic to be meeting Simon and Anna’s every need. 

 - Pray for Anna to sleep through the night unaided. With good throat clearing and no reflux. Anna is still struggling a little at night, she was off supplemental oxygen for about a week but now back on. We are all getting better sleep.

"Living for Jesus who died in my place,
Bearing on Calv’ry my sin and disgrace;
Such love constrains me to answer His call,
Follow His leading and give Him my all.

Living for Jesus wherever I am,
Doing each duty in His holy name;
Willing to suffer affliction and loss,
Deeming each trial a part of my cross."
 
Grace and Peace,  
Nic, Lindsey, Simon, And Anna



No comments: