Monday, September 19, 2011

Jeremiah 1:5-10

I notice I apply faith to certain Bible passage more than others. Stuff like: 1 only through faith am I saved. 2 God never leaves or forsakes us. 3 God loves me and is my father. The Spirit of Jesus has blessed me to cling to these because they are most crucial to my faith and cornerstone lessons to grow with.

I think Jesus would scold me by saying "ye of little faith." when it comes to applying my faith to other passages in the Bible. Do i really believe the Truth that God spoke to Jeremiah?

Jeremiah 1:5 says:
“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you,
before you were born I set you apart;
I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.”

Do I have faith in a God so wise and in control that He is able to put a person in a specific time period and city center knowing fully what His subjects will do. and even more: Will this servant will do exactly what God wants him or her to do. Where is my faith and trust in God, as the maker of a pre-planned world. How can I keep from my own will and sins to walk in God's purpose? In a way, God has assigned a premeditated glory for Himself, lest we stray.

Jesus has the Book of Life, He knows the names from all eternity. Life from earth looking up to heaven is far different than God looking from heaven to earth. As I look up to heaven I use faith because without trust and obedience to God's plan, I feel like a "free willed" loose cannon (not good).

Since God chose, formed, and set me apart all before I was born -as the Scripture teaches. The pressing question why don't I submit to the Scriptures revealing this truth. Why does my faith run and hide when asked to surrender to Christ's unfolding plan for me. From God's perspective, everything is under control and nearly predetermined. It is a sin of unbelief when I doubt my purpose in Chicago, at Target, at church, at Moody, in trials, in addiction, in repentance and in Christ.

Here it seems Jeremiah struggled to believe God, similar to Moses he says he's not a good speaker. And God with a patient love convinces Jeremiah to trust Him for the plan of his life that's been going on since before Jeremiah was born. I must, must, must trust God in this way.

No comments: