Tuesday, September 20, 2011

My Brotha D

Miracles evidence the hand of Jesus. I've been watching from a distance a fatherless youth trust in God as his Father. -Need I say more.

Its been two months now and Christ's love is deeply planted. Though it seems that "the honeymoon" might be over. I mean this because with surrender to Jesus: comes new realizations, my friend was just shown by God the distraction and deception Satan used most in his life. An how those things had slavery upon his life.

It is of the utmost urgency that upon receiving the grace and mercy contained in the atoning work of Jesus, we respond with repentance. My brotha D has gotten some distance from those enslaving things. Now, I think my friend is at the point where God is asking him to continue to say "no" to the past sins. Yet they yell loudly in his flesh. Christ is big in his life and reminds him that he is a new creation in faith.

What remains is a soul falling deeper in love with God through self-sacrifice. My friend lives in a home-life of darkness, a future without much hope. Yet Jesus is being trusted to bring the Light into his darkened places. With our eyes on God, we all hold strong even in facing that which once enslaved us. I commit D to the Lord this morning.

No comments: