Tuesday, May 25, 2021

180 a Change in Trajectory

 


Dear Prayer Warriors,

 

I don’t know many people who can say they went to the ER for a blister but that is our story. Our nurse supervisor recommended we go. It was worthwhile as the “wound care” team created a better protection around the blister. They stocked us up on the right pads to use to further protect her skin. We were also able to get the Valium we ran out of that day. Since the ER, Anna has been doing much better during the day but still up half the night. 

 

These last few nights, I’ve been giving a foothold to complaining. Maybe it’s the comfort foods with no exercise or the numerous visits to Anna’s room. The bottom line is that I am no longer thinking about Anna’s discomfort but mine. After 5 or 6 times of getting up to care for Anna I start to grumble out loud. A couple of moments later Lindsey pops in to make sure everything’s ok (because my complaining woke her up), now nobody’s sleeping.

 

I have confessed this in prayer and asked that before my feet touch the ground to help Anna -no matter how many times in the night, that my hands and words would be that of Christ. Gentle and loving to that which has been entrusted to me. The Lord is helping me keep my eyes on the prize, which is life in Him. My great reward is knowing Jesus and having a Good Good Father. 

 

In taking a step back, Anna had a worsening condition that one day was abruptly repaired. Now healing is her trajectory not worsening. Anna had a total hip 180. I know Anna’s surgery is a provision for her good future. The x-rays show the soon-to-be benefits so well. The sockets were once vacated and the femurs straight; now the socket has a ball in it and the femur bones are correctly bent. The doctor said that the grafting takes place and the bones fuse back together because it is such a blood-rich part of the body. A year from now, Lord willing, the bolts will be removed and this 180 will be complete. 

 

Comparatively I had a heart 180. My life degenerated from birth, being fatherless drove my rebellion. I grew diseased by my choices, deceived in my thoughts, whittled down in addiction to the bottom at 28. I was spiritually dead in my sins until November 10th 2006 when Jesus revealed Himself to me as absolute Truth. On that day I was abruptly repaired. Now healing is my trajectory not worsening. I became spiritually alive; the Bible showed these soon-to-be-benefits so well. Jesus vacated the despair and operated on my sin and deposited His Spirit into my heart victoriously. My Doctor says I was grafted into the family of God and fused to Jesus by the richness of His blood over me. Transformation came, a heart 180 just ask my momma.

 

 

Please Pray For:

-our nights to be filled with Angelic support and the Holy Spirit’s healing.

-the best timing to dispense medication for Anna to maximize rest. 

-no more skin sores.

-encouragement when waking to care for Anna.

-Thursday’s fishing trip with Simon, Renee and I that we would bond in love and catch a fish:)

-Refreshing from the Word of God and from the treasuries of  hymns, songs and spiritual songs the Spirit puts on our hearts.

-us to pray confessionally, casting our cares, laying our burdens down and beholding our reward in exchange! 

-us to know more fully what it means to have the Lord as our helper.


 the x-rays shows the hip with ball in socket and the pieces of femur wedged in place to be grafted in to lower the socket.


With Love,


The Currats

No comments: