Monday, March 29, 2010

Maybe its the Caffeine Talking

I was going to take the week off from spilling out the guts of my days, but I felt like working through some topics so I can see a bigger picture of what God is doing and be prayed for. I seek not to be prideful about any of these entries. That's why its good to get feedback from ya'll regarding insights, any wrong though on my part and/or advice. Oh and I think its vital (and humbling) as a Christian to ask people to pray for you and yours.

Work is hard, I'm a verbal "love language" kind of guy and my work is a time "love language" kind of thing. So we never fully are satisfied with each other. I have a hard time just loving on my team. Largely because of diversity issues and misunderstandings, The only white leader overnight who leads a team of minorities plays a role no matter how much we try and get around the taboos. I pray for each of them often. I just cannot get them to care about their job past a certain point. I got two that are being written up often, two that do a good job but won't lift a finger beyond their own tasks. And another that is so mood-swing-prone that I don't know how to speak to her. Thankfully i do have very positive (LOL) relationships with many of the fellow team leaders.

God is there, I'm being watched for being a "Christian" (sometimes i don't rep. for Jesus as Jesus would). The whole passage of the Bible that says that believers and unbelievers are a stench to each other's nostrils is often what i feel at work. I don't want my love for my team to be interpreted as a stench but it just plays out that way. I remember singing in the dairy department a few hymns as i put up signs, trying to not sing out too loud. And I just wondered when the last time anyone ever sang a hymn in the dairy department given how every night it gets bombarded with adultery songs, getting crunk and acting all thug.

It is my Sundays I want back. They have told me that i will be off every other Saturday. It has yet to happen, But I do wish to be worshiping God in a body of believers every Sunday. Overnight is tuff, but God has redeemed my fears of working overnight. Because my last trip to the looney bin was seasoned by me working overnight. Can we praise God for that restoring work?

I notice sin in my life regarding how i deal with feelings of anxiety. (incredible how i would have never seen this flaw if i didn't have the conviction of the Holy Spirit within me).The workload at school is a good bit harder this semester. My hopes to take in what i study, and be nourished spiritually is being victimized by a skim-and-spit-out-a-paper process. Certainly not what i want, probably not that uncommon either. So the pressure of school hangs on me everyday. This anxiety is handled wrongly: I tend to over eat, over sleep and check out the television. When i should be hacking away bit by bit. Bad weekly planning could be blamed as well.

One last thing in Apologetics, I'm reading about the Qur'an alongside the Bible since they both claim to be the Word of God, its just incredible how the hardening of Muslims hearts is done by the Qur'an. It contains false technical problems like geographic and historic information. Instead of admitting the obvious mistakes (backed by historians, archaeologists), Muslims accuse the Bible as being corrupted. This is the tip of the iceberg.

The main consolidator in my mind of how the Bible is the Word of God is that fact that: Jesus had to/wanted to do the work to save me. -not me or anything I will do. Most other religions preach a "what you have to do to earn salvation." My salvation is contingent on Jesus Christ. Fulfilled prophesy is also full proof in defending the Bible as the Word of God.

No comments: