Monday, July 25, 2022

the Goodness of the Lord in the Land of the Living



dear prayer warriors,


"I remain confident of this: I will see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD." psalm 27:13-14. This means so much to me right now, as we walk in the low valley. God is our Shepherd, the Lifter of our head. 


Everything is in place, we have the best of help. so many helpers at our church and my work here to ensure that we are cared for. I can testify that we are clawing our way back into the land of the living. anticipating Wednesday to be a good day. 


I have been forgetting to mention that Victor learned to crawl in the last 2 weeks, His smiles are non stop. Also key, I have been having one on one time with Renee each day. She is struggling with bedtime and winding down. She shared a room with Simon and is now sleeping in our room. 


we experience gladness at least for a while to see family and friends we haven't seen in years. We are covered in countless prayers and wishes for comfort. I've never been hugged so hard in my life. our meal train seems booked till 2028! Anna's night nurse has been so faithful, which is  grace from God. the kindness of our employers is such a grace during this time. 


but oh the sweetness of Simon and the love God gave us through him. blessed be the Lord. If you catch me alone with the Lord, you will see me crying to my Father. 


the thing that means the most to me right now is watching my bride. She is making moves that are blowing my mind. the most challenging for me is in the master bedroom toilet (the first and last place I go in my days). she affixed a declaration, not some little plaque, or a flowery sentiment. naw. She posted a giant sign like a 15"x20" framed sign that fills up all the free space in there with the words "this is the day the Lord has made. I will rejoice and be glad in it." like come on my soul we have decided to follow Jesus! That was so powerful to me. Another tremendous thing she did was to make a 15 picture collage of Simon and Victor for the nursery. Lindsey is also out to bless those courageous kids that come on Wednesday. more on that later.


thanks for praying, see you on the other side of wednesday.


please pray for:

-that our thankfulness would increase as we petition God for His love, strength and grace. 

-Gods mercy to match our grief.

-grace to give way to faith greater than our sorrows.

-all the words, songs and prayers to glorify God

-composure for those who serve and speak to thank God for Simon's life.

-renee to be able to calm down at bedtime and return to her room as the Lord leads


If you can't make it in person, please know that we will be streaming it live. Wednesday 10 am mountain standard time at cwccs.org


in humility,


nic

No comments: