Thursday, July 28, 2022

Gloves of Thankfulness

 


Dear prayer warriors, 


in going through this valley of sorrow, grief and loss.  I feel that there is something missing from the spiritual armor of God mentioned in Ephesians 6. losing Simon has made see thankfulness to God as a protection from spiritual attack. Whether it's the sorrow of loss or the quietness of death, gratitude is a pulsating sign of life.  so with a heart like a child, I wrote in the margin of my Bible "and the gloves of thankfulness" just after Ephesians 6:17. 



It's not hard to believe that Satan wants to use the death of my son to render me thankless. Perhaps that is one of his leverage tools with death. In moments when I do think of Simon's absence immensely, I slow to a stop, cry, and I feel old for the first time in my life. Then as i realize that i'm despairing, God's grace to me is that he quickens me to simply say "thank you God for Simon's life." nothing much more complex than that.  saying it has become a staple in my mealtime prayers as well. My lifeline to the Lord these last few days are the gloves of thankfulness. 


It's logical to me that gratitude to the Lord bonds me to His attribute of goodness. Among the several hundred condolences I have read, many have challenged me to say or see that God is good. "taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the one who takes refuge in him." psalm 34:8


praise the Lord for:

  • the mighty shield of faith that proved greater than my sorrows as we celebrated Simon's life and buried him yesterday.
  • the love we received on a humanistic level from people who don't believe in Christ but have compassion and love for us. In truth, not one person in the world wishes this on us. isn't it the Lord who instilled such empathy/sympathy within each of us?! It is a display of soft heartedness, moldable in the Maker's hands. may their kindness be revealed as the Lord's kindness through them, because His kindness leads to repentance.
  • the supernatural amount of love we continue to receive from Christ's body, the Church. I honestly feel like I've been in  the dreaded "Christian bubble" for a while now and it's not that bad if you are hurt, brokenhearted and need someone to go on a walk with you. 
  • The humbling this has caused me in my life. and in the way I see myself. 
  • peace that comes from sheep walking closely to their Shepherd
  • the comfort of loved ones at our side yesterday


please pray for:

  • the gloves of thankfulness to be put on us daily, audibly, as moments and day of sorrow are at hand
  • the continued illumination of Scripture by the Holy Spirit for my bride and I.
  • for honesty, openness, joint care and caretaking of our children. 
  • a continuation of surrender with thanksgiving because God is working.
  • hundreds of "thankfulness cars" to be rolling on tables and floors 



If you would like a link to watch the Celebration of Simon's Life Service, please reply and I will send it to you. 


with Love,


Nic, Lindsey, Anna, Renee, and Victor

No comments: