Wednesday, July 20, 2022

Why I Don't Shake my Fist at God

 

 
Prayer Warriors,

There is a supernatural occurrence in this world that becomes more apparent with time. Only God authors it, I would even say it is proof of God, He is exceptional at it. It's called taking what the enemy means for evil and turning it for good. Turning the bad for good. Although I can't see the good in Simon's death, I can trust that God will get the last word about Simon's passing and it will be for good. I have faith in that. Why? Because of November 27th 1980. 

It was Thanksgiving day. I was 2.5 years old and my father, being a devout Swiss mountaineer, had gone cross-country skiing with two other friends at St Mary's Glacier just outside of Idaho Springs Colorado. My father was swept away in an avalanche and died leaving my mom with four boys and I wasn't the youngest. A drunk driver didn't hit him, no cancer, no shootout at the ok corral -just a naturally occurring avalanche. So to a boy it was clear God is to blame! My family will tell you, I was a bully in elementary school fighting, bitter was my middle name and one day we got sued for one of the fights I got in. Mom called grandma in France and the next thing you know at 12 years old I got sent to an all boys, Catholic, orphanage in the countryside of France for disciplinary reasons. That made me livid. I was blaming God, shaking my fist at Him on the daily for the hole I was in. I believed that the world owed me something because my dad died. oh the lies I was believing as a fatherless youth!

Without getting carried away in hypotheticals, this fact remains: I would not have longed my whole life for a father if my father hadn't died. That bad thing took decades for God to turn to a good thing, but He did! On November 10th 2006 Jesus reconciled me to the Father and for the first time I knew a Father's unconditional love. I saw how gravely misplaced my fist shaking anger towards God was. I confessed it, asked for forgiveness, and like pulling that faulty Jenga block from its tower, God collapsed that stronghold the Enemy had built up in my life against God. I met the love of my Perfect Heavenly Father and guess what? Daddy's not mad at me, He just wants to kiss me, so I can't be mad at myself anymore. Praise the Lord for sure.

So now it's July 5th 2022 and Satan attacked my son. The bad is that Simon got bit by a rattlesnake and died days later from its complications. I looked it up, google says that the CDC says about 7,000-10,000 snake bites happen in the US every year and maybe only 5-8 end up in death usually from complications ensuing. Is the good that I should go out and buy a lottery ticket? Probably not, I don't know what the good will look like, but it's coming. So as for me and my house we will wait on the Lord to turn this for good. Come quickly Lord Jesus!

I missed Simon like crazy today just laying in a pile of blocks and hot wheels, saying "God help." feeling a heavy void. But the story ain't over folks.

"You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives." Genesis 50:20

Praise God:
For turning bad into Good in my past so I can trust it will happen again. What the enemy means for evil God is working on.
-For the power of praise
-For unity in prayer

Please pray for:
-Anna's surgery got cancelled for tomorrow, please pray that her teeth would fall out naturally giving space for her adult teeth to come in. It is a clear source of drool and discomfort.
-The temptation to think it's all meaningless to be defeated. We are talking to God about our temptations, not giving into them.
-a calibration of our marriage. The sorrow of losing Simon reminds me how much more I need to continue to listen humbly. For years she has wanted to work on our marriage and I be like "yeah good idea, some day," or "aren't we doing better than most?" What a fool I have been in not prioritizing this.  (I'm not beating myself up, just calling it out). Pray for excellence as we seek counseling, and love one another through this great valley. 

 Simon was my bride's diamond too.

Thanks for Praying, believing God for His best, and loving our family.

Nic for the Currats.

 

No comments: