Monday, October 29, 2007

One God, One year, One little brother

"It's not like I'm trusting for a parking spot next to the church, but trusting Him with my life." My brother is quotable what a great nugget this one is. This quote speaks to his reassurance in God's faithfulness and provision for his family. Since God can grant that parking spot (should He want), He's totally motivated by Olivier's relyance -no doubt. As he enters fatherhood and endures probably the biggest career search of his life.

Olivier's love for God oozes forth and changes the people in his life. Aside from his wife, I think I've been touched by him the most. Conforming to Christ changed him immensly. The light he shares impressed upon me the eternal truth of Jesus as messiah. It's all God's glory; but it is in large part, Olivier's willingness to share it. To me, since Christ calls us to brotherly and sisterly love, I aspire to what my brother puts forth as an example. His brotherly love planted the seeds of the Lord in my mind long before I surrendered to Jesus.

Olivier wanted me to know Christ's saving grace so badly and immediatly. He pointed out how condemnation is clear due to my sinful ways. Back then I was totally unapologetic for my sins. Even when severe Demonic possesion (schizophrenia) entered my life for a time. He prayed over me asking for the healing power of the Holy Spirit. This proves that Olivier believes in God's sovereignty and miracles. He prayed at my apartment and linked countless people behind the effort of praying for my sanity, well-being and redemption. He was so very scared at what the Devil had done to me (as you can imagine) but God brought him out of fear and eventually into joy. Olivier and his wife chose to pray for my salvation daily and seven years later...

The Holy Spirit moved in me and Jesus Christ scooped me up and reveiled all the deception and brain-washing of Satan. I was lied to about philosophy, society, love, destiny, individuality just to name some major ones. My life was without worth and I was very weak. Jesus took the burden, broken bits and misery of what my life had become in prayer, on November 10, 2006. The regeneration of the Holy Spirit grew at a pace that fortified my faith -as only God could. My prayers were soaked in tears. I felt so duped, lied to by almost everyone save Olivier. For the first month or two I felt like I was at the bottom of a well: I was the only believer I knew except my brother.

The Bible is a wonderland of God's likeness; it helped me get out of the well. Christs body on earth, once inside really isn't as crippled as some make it out to be. I see people hungery to hear the works of God in the lives of others. They also taught me ways to jump out of the well and walk in Christ. Trusting Jesus with every burden is the best! I no longer have to hold feelings in or try to control my circumstances. God is here to help me: to guide, provide and encourage me to be a brother to all.

I know for certain that I am special in the eyes of God and all I had to do was to give my faith to Jesus. Out of that comes freedom from sin, and lessons of the Holy Spirit. Lets keep in mind that I was still very stuck in addictions. I'd sit and have a beer and a cigarette and be alright knowing that God was going to lead me away from both some day. Satan used addictions to numb my emotions and lessen my conciousness of absolute truth being in Jesus. In me was this way overdue call to repent, to feel bad about my life choices. I cry, when I choose temptation over wisdom. In a years time, I have given all of my addicting habits to the bloodshed of Jesus on the cross. God's grace gave me freedom from hard sins I thought I'ed do till I died. The Holy Spirit has held me when I stumbled, righteousness keeps me going forward after confessing to Jesus.

In dedicating this faith anniversary to God and the works He is doing in me; I just want to recognize Olivier for his role in bringing me to know the sweet salvation in obeying Jesus. As an unbeliever I always had an open heart for what thoughts Olivier had about my life and even when he would send me Christian CD's I'd roll my eyes and give it a listen. Now, I'm starting to get a picture of longing he endured as he saw my life unravel during the seven years. I don't know if he's brought others to know a personal relationship with Christ, but he sure did that for me. What love to bring a lost soul to Jesus and say: "Please have your way with him/her. Reconsider this person's life as you have mine Jesus."