Monday, February 1, 2010

31 is the New 3

"And can it be that I should gain an interest in the Savior's blood. Died Him for me who caused His pain and oh for Adam's helpless race." Love that hymn. I think the next time someone asks me what type of music i listen to I'm gonna say: hymns! not indie rock, rap, jazz, R and B, not even christian music. -Just hymns baby, that's the ticket.

Praise the Lord Jesus Christ, (it feels good just typing that). Three years ago today I placed my faith and invited the mercy and grace of Jesus into my heart. An action I couldn't understand, but desperately needed (it is the cry of all humanity). My life has been changed by the mighty breath of God. He is the all surpassing love that trades wretchedness for righteousness. How special today is, to have a moment in time when: "I know whom I have believed and am persuaded, that he is able, to keep that which I've committed unto Him against that day."

About to two months ago, my teacher, Doc as we call him. had a hymn sing at his house, i went and the old man next to me wanted to hear my testimony. So i gladly told and he was struck at God's mercy, he just had a lasting impression of what God did for me. It turns out that he was Doc's dad and he has committed himself to pray for me regularly. How humbling it is to have people in the faith who are like champions for Jesus, resolved to pray for me and the cause of Jesus in my life (i'm talking about ya'lls too). So Doc asked me if i could share to the class my testimony. Since its God's story i feel i can never deny a request for hearing my testimony.

I equipped myself with a batch of my classic oatmeal butterscotch cookies to celebrate with and headed to Moody. It was a tremendous blessing we studied the life of David Wilkerson and the current state of slum violence in Chicago. Then I shared and the class just celebrated with me. Such encouragement, prayer and retrospect as to what God has blessed me with, how he changes me in the application of the Bible and ongoing healing.

"To God be the glory great things He hath done so loved He the world that He gave us His son. Who yielded His life, an atonement for sin and OPENED THE LIFE-GATE that all may go in. Praise the Lord, Praise the Lord, let the earth hear His voice. Praise the Lord, Praise the Lord let the people rejoice. Oh come to the Father through Jesus the Son and give Him the glory great things He hath done,"

Just a good day, who knew three felt so good,
I had to share the celebration with ya'll.
Happy, birthday. Happy, happy birthday.

No comments: