Monday, February 1, 2010

Starting a Fire

Things have been busy. I'm starting to get some work back and thus far I have gotten great scores. Praise the Lord i didn't think I had it in me. Last week our president got inaugurated by a group of people that don't run the Moody day to day stuff. it looked like a creepish everybody in black robes gala, lets adorn our prez with a giant gold medallion, get him on his knees and pray for him. My school's 130 years old and he's the eighth president. And the first one in a long time that is a missionary. His vision and speech caused quite a buzz among the profs. He wants the undergrads to be taking a language class every semester to become proficient by the time they leave. It doesn't stop there (I feel totally off the hook because I'm already fluent in French.) He wants them to go to the communities in Chicago that speak that language and get plugged in. Kinda ambitious. Then again Moody picks up the tuition tab. He's got a drive for the biblical and missional meeting the urban and global.

That's stuff fires are made of, I'm glad to be a part of a school fixed on diversifying, answering to globalization and urbanization. We're sharing the Gospel message, learning a culture and customizing a sensitivity. My school isn't focused on pumping out pastors to be in preexisting churches (although there is a need for that too).

Peoples, I need to be covered in prayer again. Well the Moody Graduate school. About 20 of us are going to the Cook County Juvenile hall. Its the nation's largest we are going to be sharing the Gospel message with kids as little as 9. I just know these kids probably in a spiritual spot deeper than other kids their age who don't have a criminal record. So i anticipate a hunger, a willingness to listen to the Gospel of hope. That was the advice given by my prof to share testimony and a Bible study that has a message of hope through.

We have a break down of 30 minutes in each cell. We each do 5 cells. Many have contrived their own beliefs based on a street life that caused them to experience more than they should have ever needed too. Convoluted Christianity is also another possibility, many islamic backers as well.

So keep us lifted up, That the light of our loving Savior would take increase in our lives so we would decrease and be used for Jesus. All this is going down Sunday morning. Pray for: "Divine appointments on Sunday for these kids" as my Professor would say.

Lets watch how the Lord works.

No comments: