Monday, February 1, 2010

The Lo-Down on Living

My first four days have been heavily baby(niece), craig's list(apartment) and culture clash(where's Denver). I'm in the final phases in solidifying a one bedroom in Cicero. A town notorious for shady politicians, reselling used grave plots and south (poor) side living. God has sifted me here, I'm confident of that. The following reasons I give to back up my statement: After two days of looking around non-stop for a place to live (slowly getting bummed) I decide to go see Moody on Friday. Its employee appreciation day and no one could help me with information on my financial aid, and housing concerns. Well I linger talking to a door greeter and she makes some calls and finds someone who can help me with finding a roommate. It turns out its just a binder with postings, all outdated, and what i found totally unusual is that there was an ad for a Cicero Church that owns 8 units and rents them out to Moody students or missionary types.

Cicero is about fifteen minutes away from my work one way, and fifteen minutes away from brother Olivier the other way. to sweeten the deal even more, the good Lord situated me two blocks from the Pink line EL to haul me over to Moody. The pastor and the board of directors of this church are going to be my landlord. The place has some old furniture to get me started! Here's another great advantage. They will let me move in early (pre-sept) for free if I help fix up the place.

What an ushering of blessings this move is turning out to be. At times i feel like i've never trusted God so much, -well there's when I first believed but this is trusting God to manifest in the circumstantial here and now. scary, fulfilling, blessed. I'm thrill to see how God is working.

Next phase to pray for -should you feel moved. Is Financial aid. Moody being private and graduate school has very little options to lend. I've applied to the one company that helps moody grads and their APR ridiculous and not fixed. Pray for another option and that its not too late. I just don't like my options so I'm going to meet with them again.

I'm in prayer for you too. So send me your requests. In Jesus we have life!

No comments: