Monday, February 1, 2010

Let Loose the Lion

I wanted to give you a follow-up on my job situation. As much as i want work and school to compliment each other it seems my loyalty to school is being thwarted my the demands of my work. Maybe this is just because I worked the last 6 day in a row, or that I work through the night.

Work is still tough, its just too gangsta'. I got a co-worker that goes by Pimp-juice and wears shades at night and no one cares . My management approach is so different that some of the people don't give me a chance. They praise the leadership of my peer to my face, which makes me envious to some extent. My effort is there, I stay late constantly and I have an urgency to get things done and done right. The problem is that I'm not very good at doing it. It will come with time, its just that in the next three weeks I have the biggest set of the year to do.

Music hasn't gotten much better, sometimes I'm setting an isle that is directly below a speaker for like 5 hours its just blaring. Much like parenting, this exudes an impatience i didn't know I had. i'll spare the details about the lyrics. They play a couple of hours of Latino music which is way more mello, although the latino rap is just as bad and i know enough spanish to be grossed out about what they say. I'm so surprised that its ok with everyone.

I witnessed my faith to the general manager of the store and another executive during a volunteer event. They were prying about what made me go to Moody. So I told them of God's rich mercy and grace through Jesus. And then i shared my testimony, how my life changed by submission to the single truth of God. Things were a little weird for the next few shifts but the those talks are pleasing to the Lord and well worth it. Upper management overall likes me, I was praised for being lighthearted, and volunteering (they post on a board in the hall way.) As soon as I heard that, I just stopped to give God the credit because it is Christ through me that make that happen. When i worked in Colorado before i knew the Lord I was hungover on the power equipment, cutting open bags of candy because of the mad munchies and on final warning for my attitude. In contrast, I'd say a clear 180.

So I'm hanging tough. I had a friend tell me that God allows intensity to build and cause friction until its apparent what He wants you to do. One element will outweigh the other. So work and school; Chicago and Colorado; I don't know God's will about all this and its hard for me to chill about it and get that godly perspective in.

One things for sure Moody is a blessing.

No comments: