Monday, February 1, 2010

Intentional Intensions

My faith life at the conclusion of school seemed overexerted, -how to regain heart? The reintroduction of making faith something through deliberate choice to spend time with God is back! But what does that mean and look like?

Rather than "taking a break" from the Word as I'm doing with my studies I got this little pocket book called Promises. In it there is God's promises to us regarding the many topic of life before&after. Since God is unfailingly faithful to His promises I figured it best to dig in and claim'em in prayer.

With the distance from the school and work combo I realized that work was a huge strain in my life due to the inconsistencies. They were trying to break-a-brotha-down. So i wrote a winded e-mail to the leadership of my store asking for the following changes in exchange for a continuing commitment.

1 to work four days for ten hours instead. All the other over night TL (team leaders) get that, I'm the exception because of the uniqueness of what I do, (At least i feel needed)
2 the days off would be consecutive. If you've ever worked overnight you know that days off don't feel like that unless they run together
3 to observe the Sabbath. I didn't want to sound legalistic in this request, because my salvation isn't hinged on this one command. But still, this is how i put it: "I have a fear of the Lord above all else. I don't want to anger Him. instead I want to be renewed by rest and fellowship on sunday." Basically I asked for Saturday or Sunday night off.
4 a set schedule that fit into my school needs. (every now and then an exception will do)
5 to resign as AD captan. I signed up for resetting isles not putting up AD.

Could we pray for these? I'm meeting tomorrow night with my HR to discuss this. I think its hard to find joy at my work, but these changes would confirm that God wants to use me there still. Sometimes I feel worn out from the battle there. i know God has given us a spirit of power in Christ and not timidity or weariness. At the end of some shifts I'm feeling more like roadkill. Leading is hard to take and give. At least i got a niece to hold about the size of a collegiate football with legs and arms.

No comments: